Rules & Regulations
• All exhibitors agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Williamsburg Community Farm
• The Board of Directors reserves the right to itself to construe its own rules and regulations and to decide arbitrarily all matters in regard thereto and to formulate and enforce special rules for any conditions that are not covered by this list of rules and regulations.
• No person but the awarding committee on duty and officers on this board will be allowed inside the arena during the judging. All exhibits will be under the control and direction of the management; but the Farm Show will in no case be responsible for any consequential or other loss, injury or damage done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animal or article exhibited by him, and for its description, as given in the catalog and shall indemnify the farm show against all legal or other proceedings in regard thereto.
• Visitors are strictly forbidden from handling, injuring, removing, or destroying articles, livestock on exhibition at the farm show.
• The Farm Show Board will NOT be held responsible for any accident that may occur to a person(s) on the grounds. All who enter the grounds DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.
• Police protection will be provided as far as the Farm Show Association deems wise.
• If it is ascertained that any exhibitor has made or caused to be made any false statement in regard to any article exhibited; or if any exhibitor shall attempt to interfere with the judging in the performance of his duties by letter or otherwise, shall be excluded from competition. Circulars will be considered interference.
• All exhibits are entered free except where specified. All exhibits must be the product of work of the exhibitor.
• An exhibitor can enter only one exhibit in each class, except where specified in a particular section such as dairy cattle and other livestock which have a limit of two animals per class.
• Any exhibitor not obeying the rules and regulations of the Farm Show forfeits his/her right to any premium or reward.
• No premium or ribbon shall be awarded in any case unless the judges deem it worthy. In case of no competition in the class, a first, second, or third premium may be awarded at the discretion of the judges. The record of the secretary shall be final evidence in granting awards.
• Any article which has won a prize at previous Williamsburg fair is not eligible for judging, except livestock and antique farm machinery and equipment.
• Premiums will be paid only on classes listed in this catalogue.
• All Premium checks must be cashed within 60 days.
• Any exhibitor removing exhibits before the show is declared closed will forfeit all ribbons and premium money.
• Farm Show Chairperson(s) and/or judge may place any youth or adult entry into a category fitting to the entry UNLESS there is no suitable category.
• No exhibits shall be marked or defaced in any way by a chairperson or helper without the approval of the board of directors. The Farm Show Board of Directors is not responsible for any mistyped information that
appears in the catalog or advertisements.
• AFTER REMOVING SWINE, POULTRY, AND RABBITS, THEIR STALLS NEED TO HAVE DEBRIS REMOVED OR A $20 FEE WILL BE IMPOSED. Executive Committee of the Board of Directors has final say in all matters.
• Provide a valid mailing address when registering.
• All exhibitors will be deducted .50 cents from your premium check to cover mailings and online entries.
• If you suspect there is an error in your premiums, you must bring all tags to verify your claim immediately following the 2021 Farm Show on Saturday, September 4, 2021 from 6PM- 8PM at the Farm Show Building. MUST HAVE RIBBON AND TAG FROM EXHIBIT.
• All trailer campers must register by August 3, 2021. Cost is $75.00. Fee must be paid prior to the camper arriving on site.